1. Items bought from this website must be paid for on ordering via one of the payment portals on the website (Shopify, Paypal or Paypal using you own card. All payments made remain the property of The Real Book Shop unless a refund is made by The Real Book Shop. Any discrepancies will be dealt with by the payment portal company, as set out in their terms and conditions.
2. Postage will be paid by the buyer, as calculated by this website, using the total weight of your order. The Real Book Shop reserves the right to document the weight of each book higher than the actual weight of the book to allow for the weight of packaging. This will never be more than 25% more than the weight of the book. Extra security postage, such as tracked and signed for delivery will be used at the discretion of, and paid for by The Real Book Shop.
3. The Real Book Shop will dispatch the order as soon as possible, packing the order safely to allow secure delivery with Royal Mail or a recognised national courier company. No extra postage will be charged.
4. If the book is returned 'not known at this address' or 'addressee moved or died' a refund will only be made after the customer contacts The Real Book Shop to confirm the bank account details for the refund.
5. The customer has a statutory 'cooling off period' of 14 days from receipt of the order, in which to return the order(UK only). In this case, a refund will only be made if the item is returned in the condition in which it was dispatched (eg. new books must not have been read).
6. Books can be returned and a full refund (including postage to and from the customer) if a book is received and is not as described on the website. Statutory rights are not affected.